The Commission carries out activities and takes measures to ensure that telecommunications products and services comply with the requirements set out in the pdf Telecommunications Act (2009) (627 KB) and relevant legislation and to ensure that telecommunications services remain available, affordable and of a high quality in Solomon Islands.
- Activities carried out by the Commission as part of Market Surveillance include the following:
- Ensuring fair and effective competition amongst service operators
- Audit of services quality and interconnection
- Data Collection and statistics
- Consultations on regulatory policies including economics, technical and legal policies
- Investigation on anti-competitive behaviour
- Consumer protection