Lodge a Complaint

The Commission is mandated by the Telecommunications Act (2009) to regulate the telecommunications sector and as such, maintains its policy of assisting complainants to address complaints directly to their service provider, as the first step towards resolving individual problems. However, the Commission can be requested or may, of its own volition, carry out investigations into matters related to market, service providers, services, anti-competition or other such issues.

Type of Complaint

Telecommunications networks have to interconnect with one another to enable end-to-end communications across networks. Interconnection arrangements between networks are subject to agreement. The pdf Telecommunications Act (2009) (627 KB)  requires that all such agreements are filed with the Commission within 14 days of execution and that the Commission publishes the agreements on its web site.

Service providers are at liberty to negotiate the terms of interconnection, including but not limited to access, types of services and rates, with the Commission any determination, order, direction or licence that has been issued.

Service providers have the right and, when requested by another service provider, the obligation to negotiate an interconnection agreement with another service provider. When this happens the service provider is required to respond within a reasonable time to the request, offer conditions that maintain end-to-end operability and incorporate reasonable conditions with regards to timing, quality, technical, operational and fault handling terms, into its interconnection agreement.

Interconnection agreements must not unfairly discriminate among service providers and must not be less favourable for other interconnecting service providers.

All agreements (including Interconnection & Access Agreements) entered into by the Commission may be subject to confidentiality clauses under the Telecommunications Act.

For full details please refer to Part 9 of the  pdf Telecommunications Act (2009) (627 KB) or contact us for more information.

More Information